Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Project 2: Rainbow loom bracelets


Colours ... colours ... and loads of colours all around... just expressing what I felt when I was making these wrist bands. I came across these bands when I was on my trip to Thailand. I love seeing colours all around, sometimes I specially go to malls just to see colourful clothes and other things stacked around "its like meditation for my eyes". So back to the topic, when I saw these bands I just wanted to make those cute little things someday.
Here ! finally I put in the effort to make it , all because of this creativity project 30. It really is making me do things that I have been procastinating from few months ... some are like years. Anyways 'all is well that ends well'.

Things I used:
120 loom rubberbands
1 loom making stand
1 U needle
2 S hooks

This wristband style is fishtail pattern and there are many more different types of patterns for this medium but presently I made this as it was the easiest pattern for a starter like me. Though I am planning to make all the styles soon , because I really enjoyed making these bands. Felt like I am playing a game where I have many levels to pass which is very colourful.

Things I learned while making  this Project2:
  • Don't over-estimate the power of complicated tools, when I  bought this loom band making tool I thought 'how the hell am I going to make anything using this', but finally I made peace with my thoughts and gave it a shot, and you know it was most entertaining thing I have ever made.
  • It feels awesome when you get lost in time while making things you enjoy.
  • I love making new things.



This is all I have to say, if you like making things  and you have blog like me , just drop in your link. I would love to read it.
till than stay tuned and keep making new things ..

Love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment